Installation Instructions for the iisstate.msi file
- Run the IISSTATE.MSI file and this will prompt you for the location to install IISSTATE version 3.3.1. All required files will be installed into the c:\iisstate folder (by default).
Installation Instructions for the iisstate.zip file
- Create a directory called c:\iisstate and unzip the iisstate.zip files into this directory.
- Run the IISSTATE.EXE from the command line. Make sure that the current working directory is c:\iisstate
- After running IISTATE.EXE command as shown above you will find that it has created two empty folders.
- You now need to copy the following files from the Debugging Tools folder c:\program files\debugging tools for windows to c:\iisstate
From the command line (items in  are optional):
iisstate.exe -p [-d] [-hc] [-sc]
The PID is the Process ID from Task Manager. Starting with Windows 2003, the PID column is no longer displayed
by default. To see the PID, select it from the View->Select Columns menu in Task Manager.
-d tells IISState to create a dump file. Currently the dumpfile will be placed in the \output
directory. The file format will be -.dmp The timestamp has a resolution
of 1 second, so it is possible to re-run IISState multiple times to get a series of dumps.